FelipaManuela is an independent platform based in Madrid, whose mission is to promote research in contemporary art and culture through residencies for foreign professionals, dissemination activities and publications. In collaboration with Madrid’s museums, art centres and academic institutions, diverse agents (curators, artists, writers, educators) are invited to participate in residency programmes, which are organised according to their very research. Simultaneously, FelipaManuela works as a professional exchange core, whose aim is to promote internationalization of the local art ecosystem and bringing forth collaboration networks between foreign professionals and Madrid residents.
Through different extension devices (conferences, public presentations, meetings with professionals and institutions, studio visits and other presentations with local artists), residents participate in a programme of visits and activities organized according to their interests.
Susana Gaudêncio (Portugal, 1977). El sentido del espacio y del tiempo a través del dibujo (The sense of space and time through drawing). «3 en el 3º» - Jugada a 3 bandas. April, 2012.
Each residency activates a different set of activities, some of which are:
- Visits and meetings with diverse agents in the city of Madrid (artists, curators, researchers and other local professionals) related to the line of work or study of each resident.
- Assistance in research, formats and support.
- Public activities, conferences, presentations and workshops in the city’s institutions.
- Direct access to specialized libraries and documentation centres.
- Dissemination of the research through digital platforms and publications associated with the residency.
FelipaManuela is a space for contemporary creation that takes place in a flat located in the Paseo de las Delicias, Madrid. Annually, we publish a book collecting reflections of all those who have participated in the research programmes.
Núria Güell (Spain, 1981). Research for the project Aplicación legal desplazada #3: FIES (Displaced legal application #3: FIES). In collaboration with Off limits (ES). November - December, 2011
Felipa Manuela is a non-profit Cultural Association, that have the Contemporary Creation Spaces support of the Madrid City Council, in its 2017 open call.